Advice for writing better blog posts

I know I haven’t been blogging for all that long, but I will share with you some of the things I’ve learned in my experience. I think that personalizing your post can help your audience to relate to it better, and be more able to give their opinion on the topic. Sometimes asking a question is also effective. I know it’s easier for me to comment on a post when I have something specific to answer. Another thing I think is important to have in a post is pictures. I try to put pictures in most of my blog posts because I know that when I’m looking at someone else’s blog, the posts with pictures in them grab my attention right away. 

Hopefully that’s helpful. I try my best to do those things and I get a lot compliments on my posts, so it’s working for me. =]

This post has been written on “tips for using blogs with students” as part of The Edublogger’s Birthday Celebration Competition!

4 thoughts on “Advice for writing better blog posts

1. Heya Mallorie, Thanks for entering The Edublogger’s Birthday Celebration Competition! Of all the posts I write the ones where I just ask questions can be the hardest to write. I find it depends on what question you ask and how you ask it determines the response.

Do you have any tips for writing posts that include questions?

2. Miss Waters,
    I don’t write posts with questions in them all that much, so I don’t know if I can give accurate advice about them from my experience. I agree that it depends on how you ask the question, but I can’t tell you exactly how to ask it in the right way.

-Mallorie =]

3. Pingback: Have a go to win a prize | Technology in our classroom

4. Hi am in year 6. I really enjoyed reading your blog it’s really interesting learning how to make your blogs more interesting. I liked it how you said to use questions to get more feedback and interesting comments. I think this will make my writing more enjoyable I hope. If you have time you should visit our year 6 blog you can click this link and it will take you to our blog http://ourspace.edublogs.org